Tuesday 17 April 2012

The Great Assignment


I was just a son, greatly loved
I was just the word, spoken forth
I was just the one called “the only begotten”
I was just “like father like son”
Running errands of my father
Just that and no further
I did my part with joy
I did just what I was told
No questions asked
No suggestions offered
I had no voice
I had no authority
I had no command
But soon came a great Idea
An assignment I did dread
For my lack of understanding of its worth;
Me, in a new body
Me, in a new mind and system
A new home, a new family, a new father, a new world
I was all alone ‘cos no one understood me but me
I lived as a man but in the body of a baby, a child then a boy
Till the time came;
I did my bit, I shared the news
The truth of who I was
But I was accused, abused and obscured
I pressed on, I fought on, I told on
I couldn’t fail, I shouldn’t fail, and I wouldn’t fail the one who sent me
I was aware of my reward
But what kept me going was the joy of my result
I made friends though
Twelve of them who helped me
Who believed in who I was and who I would become?
It was finally here,
The day I feared the most
I called on my father for help but he answered not
I asked to return home for trepidation of what was to come
But he pulled me not to His side
He turned away like I was unworthy
And I was unworthy, I had let Him down
No! I must not let him down!
I rose on my feet with courage and determination to finish my quest
When the people were tired of me,
My words they called ranting
They came for me, they got me
Oh! Alas! he stabbed me from behind
My friend
The one whose fingers clashed with mine in a plate
The loyal one fought for me
But I knew it was time
Oh! What great pain I feel
For the strength of a man I felt
Through the whip that clinched my skin
And took some of it as it left and came again severally
Arrhh! I can’t bear the weight of this wood I carry
Three times I have been defeated by it
But I shall press on
For greater is the reward than the price
I shall press on
The fluid inside me had changed the colour of my skin to thick red
And still they had no mercy
They fasten me to the crossed wood I carried
With metal stakes driven through my hands and feet
The hate was so much that a sour substance was given to me as drink
I couldn’t hold on anymore
It is finished
Halleluiah
I died but yet I live
And now I have my reward
I am not just a son
I am the son
I’m not just a word
I am the word
I am the mercy of my father
I have a voice, power and authority
A name that is superior to all and cripples every knee
My peeled skin heals
My drained blood saves
And my name delivers
What more could I ask for
I paid an ultimate price
And I got an ultimate result
This is my story
Learn from it
And trust me,
You will not be sorry.
Each time I look at you or hear you call my name,
I say to myself:
What an agonizing experience, but a second of it, I do not regret.

3 comments:

  1. pleas feel free to tell me what you think about this poem...and oh....by the way, thank you for visiting this blog, you are most welcome anytime....love ya :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! dis is great and nothing short of a master piece. its a reminder of God's love and for me to retrace my steps back to God. kudos to you dear. u wud go places. nice one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much odira....i appreciate you a lot....i thank God that He has used me as a medium to redirect your path back to him...i hope you didnt stray too far (lol) anyway iblush....and Amen, i shall go places and so would you in your area of endeavours...love ya :*

      Delete

i would love to know what you think about this.....pls leave a comment below, i would love to read from you....thanks :*